Old 11-13-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Steely

Good morning everyone, and a good one for me as have cracked 14 days

Clearing the balconies proved a bigger job than anticipated. Still at it this morning, for workmen tomorrow. It helped in a way, as has kept me distracted and inspired me to organise the inside as well. Parallels my own experience of working outside/inside to achieve lasting sobriety. Deeep!

Just watched a young mother being interviewed about depression and motherhood, and wanted to give high five to Miramira and Sunflower. Stopping drinking and caring for kids ain't easy, so big hugs to you both.

Believe Dee Miramira when he says that your son will only hold fond and loving memories of you now that you are getting sober. The more we present as sober, the more people lay down memories of us being sober.

As an adult child of an alcoholic I can only say that to see my father getting sober (he's dead now, alcohol, stroke) would have seen all of my dreams come true.

Alcohol destroyed my father, hence my family, and by you both (Sunflower, too) getting sober you have given your children the best gift of their life. Kids like seeing you try, as when young they have not been corrupted by judgementalism and scepticism.

Because I have to get these balconies done, cannot address all of your posts outside of saying that all of us seem to have a really positive mindset irrespective of the setbacks. Nobenders live!

Too good on the wedding Blackbird, and likewise Illuminate. Funny when sober to observe drinking behaviour in others. God, where does that place me! Bacchus on Acid .

Sending all of my love and support to each and every one of you, and I ain't leaving either Optimist4Ever.

Now, to the balconies sober. Yay, this time I'm not thinking about jumping

Welcome Jazzfish, Kaily and Tomls