View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sotiredofitall

Lexie, he enrolled himself in a 12 step outpatient program. He was pretty much forced to attend some type of program by work and this isn't the first go round of *I'm gonna do sober*. I'm done if this isn't something he sticks with. I'm not sure *I* want to invest any more of my energy into his recovery. I'm not sure of a lot, but I find myself very protective of my emotional self right now and feel I'm protecting the ground I've made by not sucking back into what hasn't been proven yet. I really haven't made myself aware of his program and he isn't one to volunteer much.
I'm hopeful for him that this is real, but I'm not living my life in that future. I also find myself pretty angry that work/money was the impetus for this change where family/relationship couldn't be. I realize I have a lot to work through regardless of what/where he is, but I'm not ready to work on anything resembling our relationship right now. I haven't figured out if there IS a relationship anymore. 38 years of being married to a stranger at this point. Not sure if anything I say makes sense right now. :-(