Old 11-08-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

I'm also doing the 21 day meditation! I have been trying to do daily meditation and struggled with it until I came across that link. I suffer from ADHD and doing this before bed has really helped calm myself down to sleep as well.

Firesprite, I also color mandalas. A friend of mine made a fantastic book inspired by his ten years in AA to inspire his work https://smile.amazon.com/Tribal-Tatt...dp/1523377887/
When I've had a hard day I pull out my Swear Word Coloring Book. I just bought the holiday edition in anticipation of the stressful time of the year lol

Maudcat, I like Ipsy a bit more than Birchbox but am giving it one more month to check it out. I've been leary of monthly subscriptions in the past but my experience with Ipsy and Barkbox (which my dog just adores and is his reward for helping me) have been fantastic. No double billing, quality items - I feel like I get my money's worth and not jerked around. As for the caretaking, I feel for you. I remember days I was so burnt out that I just wanted to crash after taking care of Mom. I finally forced myself to set aside an hour a night to watch an episode of mindless television on Hulu while knitting a basic pattern. Without that, I don't think I would have been able to hold it together.

Honeypig-I'm going to put in a request for Nina Wise's book in Kindle format at college library. I struggle with what you mentioned in your first post on your link as I also have ADHD so this books sounds very helpful.

This week I need to do go do research for my Constitutional Law research paper (our school requires IP verification to request interlibrary loans).

That's another thing. School is a lot busier (and harder) than I expected it to be this semester. I'm studying Constitutional Law, Counterterrorism and a course on learning to access and utilize the information in a Department of Homeland Security database which contains all terrorist attacks from 1980 to present. I can only imagine how harried I would be if my Arabic course hadn't been canceled!