View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Che

Addiction is cyclical. That's part of what makes it addiction. I don't think going on a website is rock bottom. Actually I think it's the easiest and first thing to do when you suspect you have a problem.

Drugs are dangerous and change your brain. The only way to heal your brain is to be off of them for a long time. It really doesn't have much to do with your personality or who you are. The more humans learned to make drugs potent and 'pure', the more addicts were made. For any addict to escape their addiction, a major effort of life-altering proportions has to be made.

All that to say... this is just a website. I have only ever used it to remind myself how dangerous alcohol is. I often do not post for weeks or months. The only real progress can come from lifestyle and attitude change, and a willingness to endure initial cravings. Every time those cravings go away, we think it's safe to just have a little. And little by little we find ourselves where we started. That's why it's addiction and not just a phase.

I don't think you meant to be mean, but all the people feeling humiliated and trying to understand why they can't control themselves are not going to be helped by someone who is saying that's weak. They already feel weak.