Thread: What's Moo?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 07:11 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
BrendaChenowyth

For me.. and I can only speak for me.. unwillingness to find the merit in what others are saying, to me, to try to help me, is addictive thinking. IS the problem. I wouldn't have stopped drinking had I not considered alcohol the crux of all my problems, I had to do that, I had to make it the villain with no redeemable qualities.. then I had to figure out what my life was made of if not alcohol-fueled nonsense. For weeks my thinking didn't change. Physical symptoms fell away and depression and anxiety gradually let up and then I had to face my fear of LIFE without all the numbness and denial. I had to dig up all sorts of painful stuff to figure myself out and now I feel like I have to figure this world out. If I'm going to make sense of the aftermath of my addiction, something that prevented me from seeing anything outside my own self-centered, addictive thinking, then I am probably going to need the help of others, who have already spent some time in it. Their thoughts, opinions, knowledge and experience are going to help shape my new world view? If that makes sense? I'm rambling like a mo-fo... Post edited for swears.

Last edited by BrendaChenowyth; 11-06-2016 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Swears