Thread: Adderal
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trotter75

Adderal

Last month, my dh (who has been sober 3 years now...as I have been as well) did not come home from work, stayed out all night, shut off his phone...all behaviors I dealt with when he'd go on a coke binge prior to sobriety. When he failed to come home - and because of his sobriety, I really got scared. I thought something horrible had happened. When he was missing for 12 hours, I called the police - fearing the worst. The police came to our home (where we have 2 small children) & began the process which would lead eventually to a silver alert. A few hours later, the police pulled him over. He wasn't arrested for anything because he passed the field tests. He still did not return home, 6 hours later.

I found out that he had been taking adderal without a rx for about a month, behind my back, leading up to this episode. I was devastated. He told me he got rid of all the pills.

Yesterday I found bags full of pills which were generic adderal, and visine in his work bag. I confronted him and now he's angry, accusing me of snooping on him & saying he hasn't touched them, forgot they were there etc. his behavior has been funny, which is why I went "snooping" - glassy eyes, chatty, won't make eye contact with me, shakey hands....

So what am I supposed to do? Did I do something wrong? I'm so frustrated. Now he won't talk to me or when he does it's stilted...I really don't want to deal with this all over again.