View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 08:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Praying

Kboys, I just want to add from my experience, as someone who generally likes her job, that two weeks ago I had a rough patch where I felt I could have done something a lot better--and I didn't like feeling "bad" about it, and I also didn't like that some people KNEW about it...

That very night I was surfing for new jobs. I felt ready to throw it all away because I didn't like facing my "failure".

Fast forward to this week, I've had some highs in other aspects of my job, and I'm living out some improvements in that aspect from the painful lesson. I'm grateful I stuck it out.

I have no idea if a new job is right for you, but I just wanted to share experience from someone who wanted to quit in a heartbeat when I felt so down about it.

You judge yourself way more harshly than others. They'll be past it long before you!

Interesting to me that I couldn't bear the feeling of being "bad", so much so that I'd consider walking away from a great job just to avoid feeling it...reminds me of some of my codie issues, lol.