View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TropicalWinter

putting on a show...

STBXAH is putting on a really good show of being "successful" while continuing to drink. He has a nice house now, living with the OW, and is pretty much busting his rear to look good and get back into the good graces of his (dysfunctional, enmeshed, very wealthy) family.

It's working for everyone but me. I'm being civil, we're working out visitation with our kids, and we're proceeding with the divorce (which he filed for and I'm quite certain his mother is paying for). I'm getting the "public" version of him, the one he tries to project to everyone, the super-nice-guy-who-loves-his-kids-and-is-improving-his-life persona that he desperately wants people to believe, and also wants to believe himself.

And now his parents are coming back to FL (they are "snowbirds"), so the Super Dad show is going to begin full-force. He told me that he's going back to work in the family business, which actually will benefit me and the kids but still kind of makes me mad. His father is talking to him now. He's got everyone snowed.

But I know that his path is not sustainable. I know he's still drinking. I'm biding my time, taking notes when necessary. I'm just glad that so much of him is NOT my problem anymore. The healthier I get, the more I realize just how messed up he truly is, how messed up I was, and how I NEVER want to go back to being treated as less than I deserve.

Just felt like sharing.