View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 11:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Gilmer

I have no clue why, but since this morning I have been unable to use the "thanks" button on this thread. No other thread is affected--just this one!

I have buckled down and gotten a big chunk done of my homework. It has been looming over me, and I had been cowering in the corner.

My equilibrium is always restored when I bite the bullet and act before my brain has time to make excuses. Any small step taken toward a goal builds momentum for more steps.

I handled situations poorly on two occasions this week. I should have followed one course, but knee-jerked and did the wrong things.

I've been tempted to panic in anticipation of the bad results, but I reasoned with myself and assured myself that neither thing was the end of the world. I had to wrestle my thoughts to the mat!

As it turned out, I was able to rescue one situation--and in the other case I discovered that a package was delivered amazingly quickly and the recipient is satisfied, so there is no longer any reason to
second-guess my shipping method.

So two of my errors in judgment turned out to be no big deal. I'm so glad I didn't let myself get hysterical.

I find this verse very useful, even when there are no angry rulers involved:

"If the anger of the ruler rises against you, do not leave your post, for calmness will lay great errors to rest" (Ecclesiastes 10:4).