View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bexxed

Bad drinking dreams

I've been having much more frequent dreams where I am drinking in the dream. It's funny that when I was drinking I never drank in dreams. Of course in the end I didn't dream and if I did it wasn't dreams persay but just anxious thoughts while not actually asleep. Ugh. ***shudder***

Anyway I'm at 12 weeks today and I'm damn happy about it. The dreams aren't a problem, but they are weird and sometimes I wake up thinking I actually drank scotch out of a cup made of cordwood covered in pine pitch (that was the night before last, yup). More often it's wine, and I can taste the smell of my breath in my dream and in the dream I get a headachey poisoned feeling, fill with despair, try to run, and I'm paralyzed. Then I wake up, sometimes screaming, realize I'm sober, and go back to sleep right away.

Does anyone else have this? Does it end? Is it normal? It's only really been happening for the last month and it's weird because in the last month I really have started to see sobriety as the new normal.