View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 03:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hi blueberry, first, congrats on coming up on 1 year! That's a huge milestone!

I had 17 months of sobriety and relapsed so this time through (almost 6 months now) I'm pulling out all the stops. I know what I did wrong last time, I didn't stay mindful to why I need to stay sober so this time I threw every sobriety ingredient into the pot and stirred. What I ended up finding out was balance is key. I was actually going way overboard and had to figure out the right amount of each ingredient to make a perfect sobriety recipe "for me". A little AA here, a little SMART there, add a dash of counseling, and poured in volunteer work to nicely top it off. Finding that recipe for yourself is important. You've opened the cookbook and you're looking for ingredients which is key

Lots of great suggestions so far in this thread. Have you thought about volunteer work? You should be able to go online and see what's available locally. There are also tons of different programs out there now. If you have a local recovery center you may find some programs that you would really enjoy. Our local center now is doing yoga and Reiki along with a new program on Saturdays with energy work. Perhaps there's something like this in your area?

Again, congrats on your milestone!