View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 05:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blueberry2015

AA advice please ....

AA has been a wonderful source of help so far in my recovery, however Im struggling with the constant reminders of my past and not sure that this is entirely healthy. Ive gone through all the steps, have done them throughally and honestly have service and attend regularly but hearing constant shares about other peoples drinking histories is a constant reminder of my own.

Im not sharing in meetings much at all, (maybe thats where the problem lies?) and am starting to go to less mtgs at the mo purely because of how I feel when Im there and when I leave, which is fed up!

Ive been attending AA since July 2015 and almost a year sober. The thought of my recovery feeling this way for the rest of my life is horrifying. I so want to move forward now, leave the past where it is tbh and concentrate on living life sober.

I dont know what to do, as I hear horror stories of those who cut back on mtgs etc relapsing. I dont want this to happen, but would like more support in maintaining my sobriety rather than dwelling on the past.

I may be missing something huge here, if I am, please do let me know!

Im awaiting further counselling and am willing to explore other options aside from AA.

Can anyone advise at all??