View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

((Sleepie)) - totally get your frustration and worries. I just want to remind you that getting clean/sober doesn't mean we are healthy and happy. I have 9 years and almost 8 months in recovery and life is anything but a bowl of cherries.

I do know that had I kept using (and I'm VERY proud of you that you don't want to go back to drinking and benzos!!!), my life would be much worse.

What I've learned is life happens. People who have never abused anything get sick. My dad quit smoking 23 years ago but just spent a weekend in the hospital with congestive heart failure. He was diagnosed as pre-diabetic several years ago, lost weight...celebrated by buying, and eating, 3 dozen donuts. He SHOULD be a diabetic, the way he eats, but he's not.

I am not discounting your concerns because I have said "I got clean for THIS?!?" many a time.

Elevated liver enzymes do not automatically mean cirrhosis. It is a possibility but it's not a given.

I just want to send you some love and let you know I get it. I also want to congratulate on getting checked out! I have not done all the tests I need to have done at my age, but you (and my dad's situation) have inspired me to get it done. If I get bad news, I'll be right here with you, frustrated as hello.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy