View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

Originally Posted by Stabilizer View Post
...We all go through a period during recovery of intense shame and self-loathing for what we had become and what this did to others.
Originally Posted by NoelleR View Post
...Yes, many folks in recovery may have gone through these periods, but 'all'? not in my experience.
Originally Posted by Stabilizer View Post
I was not too worried about saying it the way I did. I have never heard someone share not experiencing this before.
Just because you've never heard someone share not experiencing this before doesn't mean those folks aren't out there.

You've been sober a little over one year. Perhaps when you get a bit more time, you'll get a bit more experience, too. ...and you might even meet, or hear from, some of those folks who never experienced this shame.

I have a number of friends who've never experienced this shame and self-loathing, including myself (with 30 years C&S), my first sponsor (now deceased with 32 years C&S), my current sponsor (with 42 years C&S), my best bud here in Houston (with 30 years C&S), my best bud in CA (with 33 years C&S).......

Therefore your statement that 'We all go through a period during recovery of intense shame and self-loathing for what we had become and what this did to others' is not correct in a general, only in your personal experience from folks you've heard.......

(o: