View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 10:32 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
amy55

Hi Liz, terrific pic. The both of you look so happy.

I was thinking about this for a long, long time. I know that when I was married it was filled with so much drama, too much drama. There were so many fights. I hated those fights................Then the honeymoon period would come. We would have sex and I would feel those butterflies in my stomach when we made love or when he even touched me. It was a good feeling. The fighting had stopped.... My adrenaline level would finally go down, but not fast enough before the next fight. I never felt safe or comfortable, but, you know, those "honeymoon periods", I would kill for them. I needed them, I really did.

I never did get into a relationship after I left. I'm sure if I did that I would feel those "butterflies" again, and that they might taper off. People get used to each other when they are together. That's not a bad thing. You learn each others likes and dislikes, you learn respect for each other. You learn to "TRUST". You get use to your adrenaline level, for the first time in your life, it starts to get normal. OK, you might feel bored, after all look at all that conflict that you have been going through, and now, it seems OK, but you seem bored...

Now is where I hope the mods won't delete this post.

What do you do. It seems like you want more attention. So, go get it. Do you have a pool, go skinny dipping.......... Do you have a pool table, play strip pool........

See, I know that when I was married, most times I hated to have my ex's affection. I didn't want his hands on me, but yet I craved to be held, loved and touched.

I don't know what I am saying, I guess I am saying each relationship is different and if you do have trust in this guy, then let your reservations down. Do things that you thought about, but perhaps never wanted to do with your ex.

I'm just going to say that I think you are doing really well, and I am really happy that you are coming back here to ask these questions. It helps a lot of us here also.

((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))
amy