Old 10-28-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ap052183

Originally Posted by Smarie78 View Post
I will say what I once thought was clearly NPD in my partner, just didn't fit completely. He has shown a lot of empathy eventhough he continues to make my life a living hell. But...he has shown empathy and some messed up form of love. However....what I did find him to fit almost every single check box of, is Borderline Personality Disorder. Almost complete textbook case in fact. I think among Alkies you are more likely to find borderlines than NP. Just a thought and observation.
I agree with this. My ex...and probably my dad to a certain degree are highly emotional people and both have substance issues. They have some really narcissistic trails but then ive seen such genuine love and empathy. Ive identified more borderline characteristics in them. I have actually identified borderline chracteristics in myself as well but I've read a lot about codependency overlapping with borderline pd. Alcohol and substance just warp minds so much the person turns into a shell of who they may actually be deep down.