Old 10-28-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Ananda

Hi guys!

I don't know yet if this is the long term effect of alcoholism or something else (Parkinsons or early dementia).

The new job is going great other than getting there and coming home

I like the people I work with and I think I will be happy not having the type of big picture responsibilities I had before.

The problem is that I keep forgetting things ... things that just go beyond anything I've seen in alcoholism. The neurologist is doing what she can, but there are so few of them in our area that the waits are long. She said that if no one calls to schedule me in the next 2 weeks for my memory problem I should let her know.

The Neuropathy tests won't happen till January, but her preliminary assessment is that I have almost no (or no) feeling in my toes and that is probably un-reversible. The end result is just that I will probably be on a cane and have a bit of trouble.

I've gotten lost on campus 2 times out of 2 times, and lost my car twice. Yesterday I was so exhausted and freaked out that some one stopped to help me and called the police to drive me through the parking garage to find my van.

Being on a cane, and getting worn out in 5 minutes is a drag ... but the not remembering things amps me up to total fear. They say that when you have dementia the hardest part is when you know you have it The hardest one that happened was when I couldn't remember where highway 24 was. The neurologist is concerned because I didn't remember, my son just told what to do.

You know ... now that I dumped ... I actually feel fairly confident that I'll figure out what to do When a lot of things are not going well it is easy to slide into anxiety or fear. I'm working with my support system to start looking reasonably at my options and not go over the top with blind negativity. Have quite a bit of hope