Thread: Privacy issues
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JensDestiny

Privacy issues

Hi, I just really need to vent about something and this is the only forum that I feel comfortable doing so.

First of all, I should state that I am a very private person and I only share my personal "stuff" with a very select few people.

I had my first ever mammogram a couple of weeks ago. I didn't have any issues; it was simply because I am 41 years old and technically a year past the suggested age to get my first one. *My sister went with me for moral support.
Anyway, the doc called me a few days later and said that there was some "density" and that they would like to do another type of mammogram; one that is a bit more detailed and maybe an ultrasound. I asked what that means and she just said that they wanted to get some additional pics. I talked to my sister about it and she said that her friend had similar issues and it turned out to be no big deal. *The second mammogram is scheduled for next week.
Fast forward a few days, I have been busy with work and I hadn't really given it much thought... until yesterday.

Out of nowhere, I got a message on my Facebook from a cousin that I haven't seen or talked to for probably 4 years asking for me to "please get in touch with her ASAP". Then, another comes through from my aunt; also whom I haven't talked to for 3-4 years, asking that I "get in touch with my cousin RIGHT AWAY". When I finally talked to my cousin, she explained that my sister had spoken to my uncle about my mammogram and that he had told my aunt, who had then told my cousin (who has had breast cancer in the past) and she wanted to talk to me about her experiences.
WOAHHHH!!!! What the?!?!?! Today... I wake up to messages of "Praying for you" on Facebook.
Please don't get me wrong... I would greatly appreciate any support that I could receive from my family and loved ones in the event of a crisis. However, STOP jinxing me!! I wasn't really worried before but goodness, I am now!
I also now have to explain to my son; who is in the military and is currently 3000+ miles away and to my 15 year old daughter that hopefully nothing is wrong and they just want more pics of my boobs. Bahhhh!!!

Sorry for the rant.