View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 12:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Noproblem92

Unhappy New and looking for support

Hi
I am having a hard time arguing with myself as to whether I have a problem or not. however the fact that I am here probably speaks volumes. I find it difficult to remember the last time I went more than 2 days without having a drink . I drink at home and find it hard to stop at one but normally wouldn't have more than 3 on a weeknight, convincing myself I'm only having a couple to unwind. Then on weekends I could have my first drink at 4pm as soon as I'm through the door drinking until about 9 through dinner, watching to etc then fall asleep drunk and have to go to bed early. That has been my Friday nights for as long as I can remember. Saturday much the same. If I go out to an evening out I drink too much very fast then dance all night be the life and soul then pass out when I get home waking with a terrible hangover. Over a period of years I have had low points such as black outs and a terrible drunken incident where I banged my head very badly as I fell and had to go to hospital. The trauma of that bump made me lose my hair in that area. I still argue with myself that. Don't have a problem as I don't wake up in the morning needing a drink, however I do think about it during the day. Last week my husband and I went for a romantic overnight to a hotel. We drank a bottle of wine on the beach - I drank more of it than him, then had another 2 drinks before dinner. I can't remember eating my dinner but he says I just kept repeating myself. Then we went back to the room and I passed out at 7.30 leaving him to sit and watch to on his own. I am totally ashamed and angry with myself. No one around me thinks I have a problem and would laugh if I told them honestly how I feel . I try to cut down but then get a taste for wine and keep on drinking. I appreciate anyone taking the time to respond to this with thoughts and advice