View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

What does your partner do for a living? That may have an impact on what he does at home...Maybe he does need more down time for that reason...just a thought...

I've always had a stressful, demanding as well as unpredictable job. So, I need to off-set that somehow. However, I also need creative outlets.

One thing I started doing in my late thirties was tapping into my music more. I started writing songs and demo'ing them before live audiences, which was risky, but wonderful too.

I took a flatpicking guitar workshop taught by a man who teaches is all over the the States and some overseas. He'd been at it for while. But he said I was his first female student! So, again I placed myself into a "spot" that challenged me, was exciting, new, but really challenged my BRAIN and guitar skills. When I met him he said, "I want you to sit in the front row so I can correct you when I need to." Okay...but for some reason that neither dettered me nor intimidated me. There were plenty of other students more advanced than I was and some not as. But overall it was a very positive experience. In a nutshell I got out of my comfort zone. My husband had little to do with this, but was supportive.