Thread: Need Help
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AdelineRose

Addiction will bring anyone and everyone to their knees.

For me I needed overall care- mental and psychical. I found a doctor that specializes in addiction, I got a substance abuse counselor, and I got a full psychological examination. For me the most important part of that was getting a full psych evaluation. Once I started taking the proper medications for bipolar, anxiety disorder, and treatment resistant depression it was a game changer for me personally. Many drug addicts and alcoholics also have a mental health issue. I am not insinuating that you do, I am letting you know that finding out and treating that gave me the proper mental state to really take on addiction head on.

If you are thinking about IOP then I think you know that you are at that point in your addiction that you know you need something more than willpower. I personally didn't use AA or NA- instead I literally changed everything in my entire life, I was a heroin addict so changing my phone number, deleting face book, not going to stores where I could run into anyone and falling off the grid is what I needed since obviously you need to find drugs. I really have no advice for alcohol in that sense.

A could starting point would be to find a doctor, a substance abuse counselor, a psych that specializes in addiction and be open and honest to their opinions. Finding recovery has to do with reaching out, opening yourself up so that you can get the help you truly need. IOP would be a great jump start to making the type of life changes that are necessary to create a true recovery.

I just wanted to let you know someone is there for you. You can always pm if you just need someone to talk to.