View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 06:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
August252015

I know I say it alot but Imma say it again....I ruthlessly choose the people in my life. I simply do not allow anyone who isn't a positive influence a seat at my table. And this would extend to a "boss"/employer-employee dynamic if such endangered my sobriety - my emotional sobriety having a slight edge to my physical sobriety because if the first isn't tended to unceasingly, the latter will follow. I would be actively looking to change my work environment in some way, if I had this kind of situation. Absolutely NO amount of "good I am doing" etc can color a risky situation for me. If it is something I can control- and believe it or not, even employment is just that- then it would go, before I would drink.

At any cost, to any lengths. I also circle back to choice: I have the choice not to drink. I have to turn any situation or "relationship" back to me and my faults, my thinking, my addiction - and my recovery. Not easy in certain cases, such as here. Necessary - emotional focus on me, then practical focus on getting the hell out of a bad situation.

Good luck.