View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 12:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
boblardo

Thanks for the support;

Alcohol has been a massive part of my life for so long, even as a child I was around alcohol (not drinking it, my dad owned a pub!). In my late teens i was allowed a glass of wine/beer with my xmas dinner then as soon as i hit 18, boom every friday & saturday, was spent drinking. Sometimes I would start thursday and finish sunday.

Once i got married the drinking was less frequent, at least the visits to the pub were although I suppose there was more drinking at home. The arrival of the little bobs didn't really stop me; I would go for "a quick one" and return the early hours of the next morning while my amazing wife was at home.

Now I hardly go out and felt like I had my drinking under control but a couple of times I have been out and lost control of my drinking and have ended up in situations i wouldn't normally get into if I were sober. I don't want to go into detail but now is the time to stop!

Honestly at this moment in time, I really feel that if I don't stop i will lose EVERYTHING!

That said, so far so good its 6 days without a drink.

Bit anxious though as next friday is my last day at my current employer so a leaving do has been arranged. i am motivated to not drink and was already thinking of alternatives to not drinking alcohol.

But its going to take some real willpower as everyone knows me as the guy who likes a few beers!!!