Old 10-19-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

O/T ish- what have you done for YOU lately?

I had super short hair when I filed for divorce over 4 yrs ago from xAH.

I have trimmed it and cut it here and then since then but largely let it grow.

Over the weekend I realized I was wearing my hair up 24:7 and hoping to have cold weather all the time so that I could wear a hat bc my hair was so long and straggly and crummy looking that I could not stand it (and as a single full time mom to young ish kids, I have NO time to fuss with my hair in the morning).

Long story short, I texted a friend who has fabulous hair, got her hairdressers number, called, she had a cancellation and I left work early and got 9 inches CHOPPED off.

I look and more importantly, FEEL 10 yrs younger. My hair is still below my chin, but is super cute, easy to fix and I feel amazing and if I do say so myself, look, adorable!

It's a sign of a new stage of life for me to be so comfortable doing something just for me- perhaps even a little irresponsible given that I took time off work- but I have felt SO down and crummy and ugly lately and so tired and worn out just from the day to day busy that is my life (and the day to day BS that is a narcsisstic, psychopath, x AH loser) that I needed to have time for me.

Took it and feeling like a million bucks!

So, here's to taking time for US!