View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
August252015

Everything you said sounds normal because it is. Have you read up on PAWS? Here's a helpful article -
https://digital-dharma.net/post-acut...r-immediately/

I went through pretty severe PAWS and largely don't remember the first 5 weeks. I am 8mo sober tomorrow and still need my sleep; I still take naps sometimes, though of the 30min-1hr variety, not marathon like I did in those weeks. I have lots of energy around that, though, and keep it up as long as I don't work crazy hours too many days in a row at the restaurant. I still take anxiety med as needed, and also a sleep rx most nights.

I still have something to drink in my hand, car, purse, coffee table, everywhere, all the time. ALL the time. It is habit and it is just what I do. Need to cut back on my caffeine but drink as much water as I do anything else, and there is never a worry about any kind of thirst (making me tired or hungry).

The long you keep not drinking, the better, clearer and, IME, more creative you will get. I finally got my juices back at 6mo and started my newest blog. That is an amazing outlet and this particular one (my third) is so expressive of my life in recovery even though it is not about that, per se.

Keep going!