View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
SpaceMandrill

As people here said, its different for everyone, and even for the same person it differs from detox to detox.

My most current relapse was the worst yet. I'm on day 9 already, and my heart beat and blood pressure STILL won't calm down. Better than it was, though.

Basically, it was a two week bender. Round the clock drinking, around 15 or so cans of strong Polish lager, 6-7%. Vodka too, if I could get it cheap. I'd drink all day, sleep an hour or two in the night, wait sweaty and shaky in bed for the stores to open, and start again. Around half way through, I couldn't even get drunk anymore. No matter how much or how fast I chugged the beer, I'd just be stopping the WD's.

When it ended, it ended suddenly, but not unexpectedly. I've been getting wicked headaches for three or four days, and my heartrate never went below 130. On the 11 of October at about 4 am, I started having seizures. It was two hours after my last drink. Somehow, between the fits, I managed to call an ambulnce. Blood pressure 180 over 110, hr 150, o2 sat way too low. I was on my way out, basically.

Well, long story short, they stabilised and discharged me in two days with an immediate refferal to a community detox centre. Been on Librium taper since then, and I honestly think its saved my life. I still get dizzy spells, palpitations, bp spikes, you name it. At least the shakes stopped after three days. The fear never left, and It'll probably be a while before it does.

I've known people who've drank MUCH more for longer periods, and never experienced anything like I have. The moral here is, don't play with fire You cannot know how your body will react to WD's, and when it does, it might just be too late. I'm only still here because I've more luck than I deserve.