View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 11:15 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Fusion

Originally Posted by Algorithm View Post
I like to say that the Beast can read, and that it stands guard at all times, including while we read. The Beast screens all thinking to make sure that no serious plan to end the addiction is entertained, much less implemented.

I highly recommend reading the RR book again after some time. I read the book several times, including while I was actively drinking, and each time, I have gotten more out of it. Each time, less AV slipped in unrecognized.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I'm probably a slow learner, but I read the book several times and thereafter, ear-marked chapters repeatedly, plus those you guided me to recently. It's amazing how simple it first appears, yet as you put it into action, the strength of the Beast becomes apparent in its subtleness, which must be noticed as it adapts to your newfound power of free-will; overcoming its autonomic, misdirected blind-will.

It is after all, the brain's mis-directed survival mechanism and thus: powerful. But not as powerful as our minds.