View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Lillro....lol....I did think your question was strangely concrete for someone who is so familiar, by now, with alcoholism!
I see what you mean...about the logic of it.....
I really don't know....but, I imagine that it has something to do with the frontal lobes of the brain that have to do with logic, planning and executive function..which, as we all know is affected by the alcohol. I agree that it would be much more logical to do better planning if one were trying to cover up!
Also, I think that it may have to do with the path of least resistance.
It would take a lot more effort to do the additional work of removing the evidence from the property and dispose at a different place. A lot more inconvenient and more complex than just stuffing them someplace that is convenient in the m oment.
Also, there may be the factor of looking at the evidence when one might be more sober in the harsh light of day...when one might be more sober.
Alcholics are lying to themselves, even more than others, about their disease...so, they may not want to look at the evidence and threaten their own protective denial.....
I do know that lots of alcoholics hide the empty bottles close by...my son hid them under his bed. He then called me, one day, when he was at work...and asked me to search his bedroom for a cell phone charger that he feared that he had lost....
When I discovered the empty vodka bottles....he told me that the garderner (who doesn't drink) had obviously sneaked them into the house and hid them there.
When I asked him "Why in the world, would Carlos bring empty bottles several miles across town...sneak them into the upstairs and hide them under your bed? Couldn't he have disposed them anywhere else much more conveniently?
My son replied..."That is a GOOD question, mom...y ou should ask him about that!"
Now, this is a very smart guy....under other circumstances....
Enter alcohol...out goes logic and reason.....I think it has a lot to do with the denial....