View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Fusion

Science is 'my cup of tea'. The remarkable point, in my opinion, is that despite AVRT being presented in the mid 1990s; as a simple and straightforward explanation of how folks have self-recovered for eons - the subsequent discoveries of science, specifically neuroscience; have only added credence to it.

Of course there's a cross-over between the old and new brain. Hence the AV can use images, your voice and feelings to suggest drinking as a cure to you feeling out of synch. But the massive advances in neuro-science have credited, not discredited AVRT.

Whereas the rat park experiment and Johann Hari talks, of which you wrote on another thread, have been discredited.

I really don't know your purpose posting here. The OP views himself as recovered. Why would you question that? I too am recovered after applying AVRT. On the back of a two decade addiction.

I also do not subscribe to your view that addiction is a mental health issue. Referencing my rejection of the rat park experiment and its dubious findings: when I crossed over that line after drinking too much, I was successful, content, happy, celebrating my good fortune by drinking!

Then, due to excessive drinking, my success went south and thus, I suffered. My ingrained, learned behaviour, mis-directed survival drive (aka the Beast) suggested, strongly, that I drink even more, because it linked drinking to my success, feeling good, satisfied, better. IT then believed that alcohol was a panacea for all feelings. The good, bad and ugly. A mis-directed survival drive.