View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
tursiops999

sainos, going back to your original post, I had a similar experience. Having discovered the key that is AVRT, lots of time and energy has been freed up to focus on all sorts of things that improve my quality of life-- exercise, hobbies, connecting with others around something besides alcohol.

That being said, I still like reading and posting on SR. Even though the basics of AVRT can be learned fairly quickly, I find that my understanding of some of the subtler issues (such as, how doubt and fear can often be the AV itself) took awhile, and continue to evolve.

The 'pay it forward' issue is a big one, too. I don't know where I'd be, really, if I hadn't discovered the AVRT threads and interacted with those posters who are able to express the concepts so clearly. I don't think I'd be drinking, but I might be struggling with those issues of doubt and fear. I now get to live without fear of drinking again, and that is an incredible gift. I'd like to be able to pay that forward.

And I'm still learning how to do that. It seems rather tricky, since so much of what is posted is the AV (including some of my own posts, hopefully less now). I'm trying to learn by example, from the venerated ones here.