View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Bulgakova

Dunno Sainos... see in my mind drinking all the time because it feels good is mentally misbalanced. Try applying that to say, masturbation. How healthy is someone that locks themselves up all day every day to self pleasure? And that doesn't even have the rampaging physical destruction of booze.

Being ready to spend that amount of time, mental resources, bodily sacrifice, and money, because something feels good, to me, is for sure a mental health issue. Same as eating fast food three times a day, every day, or steroid training to be Mr Universe. It's compulsion, and lack of internal resources to face compulsion.

Our former selves would die as animals in the woods. We'd get eaten alive while forgetting everything around us while we satisfy our compulsion on repeat.

That said, depending on your view of mental health, I could imagine a revulsion to the idea. But it's not bad news--this stuff is workable.

So what are you gunna do with all that time? You never answered. What are you interested in taking on? I love reading about people's interests