View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 08:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Fusion

Thank you Sainos, you're sounding great too! I'm so busy clearing the wreckage field of my past addiction, that I haven't yet posted on my own thread. I have lots to say and wish to do my visitors justice in words, for their absolutely invaluable guidance.

And yes (are you reading my mind) I too want to find my feet before offering guidance; I'm still in a bit of a euphoric whirlwind, which might put folks off, thinking it's not possible to become recovered, so quickly. I'm very mindful of that.

Plus, I read Newcomers thread posts and feel so sad, recognising their AV, at the same time recognising that they call it AV - but they're completely off the mark. Instead, being led by the ring in the nose to the drinking trough by IT, which they don't recognise as the actual AV, because they haven't studied AVRT.

It's SO frustrating and I feel so sorry for them, because I too suffered for years and years, without the key to sobriety.

In retrospect, I believe the years I spent on recovery sites, whilst not actually addressing my addiction to alcohol, simply researching it, keeping the Beast happy; became an addiction in itself. So yes, I understand your OP and must be mindful of that fact and ensure balance.
I'm glad you're sticking around, as shall I.