View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sainos

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
I too have walked the halls of recovery sites for years. It was only when I landed at SR, with a question regarding tapering from excessive daily imbibing, that I found the Secular Connections thread. Thereby, becoming reacquainted with the Rational Recovery cure: that I'd discounted out of hand, many years ago.

The life-changing difference? My reading of the AVRT explained Six Part thread, Freshstart's sticky thread and starting my own thread here. In addition to the other material, the responses and PMs I received, clarified my questions and enabled me to set in concrete, a foundation for sobriety: AVRT. I'm sorry if I repeat myself, but I feel reborn, in control, empowered.

So, I'm also in a quandary, I'm not counting sobriety days, not white-knuckling, not seeking recovery support, not requiring the reading of SR folks' sad tales, to ensure I don't forget how bad my addiction was and commit to recovery, one day at a time.

As I rebuild my life after my Big Plan, that I will never drink again, I still am willing to spend some time here; because I wish to 'pay it forward'. But my quandary is, do I view only the posts of folks who land on the 'Secular Connections' part of SR. Or do I also view and post on Newcomers?

As one who lost years, ineffectively, by following the recovery movement etc., I now have a huge commitment to spreading the word - regarding the alternative.
You sound great Tatsy, it's not that I am not going to come on here (obviously since I am here haha) but I was a tad obsessive over the whole recovery site thing!
Maybe a few months down the line, I will want to enlighten people to AVRT, but I really want to find my own feet first. My Beast lurvves a lot of the peoples attitudes in Newcomers and while I know for sure, I will never go back on my Big Plan, at this stage, I can do without the aggravation haha.
For now, I read some posts in here, and the ones that take my fancy in Newcomers, I think I am "tapering" off recovery sites haha