View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1dance

Lightbulb A letter to my aunt.

Just thought I'd share the very personal letter with the whole world, just cause.

Aunty,

So writing/sending this email to you is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever done, but I am so tired of trying to battle this monster on my own, and i cannot continue to let it rule my life anymore.

For the past (almost) 2 years I have been struggling with a full blown methamphetamine addiction. I have allowed myself to become completely consumed by my addiction and my entire existence is ruled by the substance. I smoke it daily just to feel any kind of normality.

To be honest, I’m not even sure what kind of support I am asking from you. I just know I need help and I can’t do it alone. i don’t want to be a 30 year old woman, miserable, with nothing to show but a raging drug habit and broken dreams, My life wasn’t meant to turn out like this. I know If I really want to get clean and find peace within myself, I need positive support and a non judgemental environment to be in while i recover. I love my mum so very much, I wish i felt comfortable asking her for help – but my mum isn’t able to offer the same understanding of mental health and addiction that you possibly would be able to from your work with ***. This is why I chose to reach out to you, that and because I don’t have anyone else to turn to that I trust. . Please don’t jump straight on the phone to mum, I don’t want to stress her out as well just yet. Please.

I can’t help but feel unworthy of your love and support, and I understand if you are not in the position where you can help me right now, I just thought it worth a shot. I feel like I owe it to my puppy dogs and to myself to at least try something else.

I’m sorry for ruining your day. I love you. x

Your favourite niece,
J