View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 10:44 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Michelle37
Keep On Keepin' On....

Tat,
Oxys are BRUTAL, SEDUCTIVE AND MISLEADING. I know the pain you are going through, and I hope what I can share today will help you get through it a little easier. I was in the the program for quite some time, then developed chronic pain, for which I was prescribed oxycontin. I took them as directed...and guess what?? Found myself in the throws of addiction all over again!! Gawd...how frustrating.
First things first. Do NOT try to give these up cold turkey without the aid of detox, they do have hard withdrawal effects, similiar to herione.
Secondly, remember that the worst of this will be over in 10 days. For those first few days, you will feel like death...unfortunately, there is no easy way out of this addiction. My advice to you at this time is this:
Treat the symptoms of your withdrawal with NON NARCOTIC meds, in moderation. You will feel like you have a severe flu. Use Motrin for the fever, use Neo Citron for the sneezing, achiness etc. (USE THESE ONLY AS DIRECTED).
Also, vitamen E is a good one to take, along with lots of water. This helps your system detox faster.
ABOVE ALL: Be gentle with yourself through this time, and know that each day you hurt is one day closer to the day of freedom where you don't. Yes, it's hard, and my heart goes out to you.
I am just now starting to feel human again, and I've been working on giving this up for over a week now.
Fortunately, I've got enough program in me to know three things that make doing this possible:
a) Each sober day, things get better.
b) HP is holding my hand, even when I'm trying to let go of his.
c) The program works because ALL of US are in the same boat, paddling with the same oars. LEAN on this PROGRAM, and allow yourself to surrender. LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN....and don't be afraid to just follow what those old timers tell you to do. Remember, sweetie...our best thinking got us here.

Stay the course. I'm proof you can get off oxys, and do it without dying. I know it's hard, and you will be in my prayers. Each and every day you are sober, you will reclaim a part of yourself.

Many blessings.
M.