View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

Kopfan, I agree with the heroin analogy. Alcohol is indeed addictive, and I think that eventually, anyone who drinks it is slowly becoming habituated. It might take some two hundred years to become addicted, so they don't see the full effects while alive, but they are slowly becoming hooked with every drink.

In my country, I literally have grown up with our Government's all out "War on Drugs" propaganda. Billions have been spent on incarcerating people who simply got caught with a couple joints in their pocket. The fact that millions and millions of Americans are addicted to alcohol and are causing a huge drain on the economy, as well as destroying themselves, is never addressed. If the government spent all the billions it does on drugs and prisons, instead teaching us the dangers of alcohol abuse, perhaps people would think twice before beginning a life time of drinking. To me, that would be money far better spent.

Glee, it is a great feeling to not care anymore when alcohol is around. It is liberating knowing that it just isn't for us anymore. Only people whom have been through what we have can appreciate how amazing that feeling is.

Hi Babs! Good to see you. I hope all is well!

Have a great day all!