View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 12:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sainos

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Sainos, I hope you enjoy your day with grand baby!

I too found it useful to attach a morality issue, albeit painful. But once I'd researched the bio/neuro basis of addiction and acquired the knowledge that I had an inbuilt power to quell the addictive drive; and live my life as the Beast's master and not it's slave. Then at that point, to not put that power into action, would've been wrong and against my morality.

I'm newly recovered and can attest to the relief I felt, the joy and excitement, that I was free, so long as I recognised the AV.

Presently, it's screaming that 'you're a loser because you wasted so many years drinking'. It's a joke, what it really wants is to berate me so that I become depressed and waste more years drinking. Ultimately kill myself, if I let it! Well that's not happening, it's views are summarily dismissed, no more white knuckling and fighting with it. IT may have a voice and feelings, but I no longer listen to IT.

I'm so pleased to read of your progress, thrilled for you.
Thanks Tatsy for your post. Guilt, I think now, isn't such a bad thing. I didn't know then what I know now, I had everyone telling me I couldn't do it on my own, and I did every treatment program they directed me towards, and they never worked, because I did everything but give up drinking, because I thought that wasn't possible until I had fixed everything that was wrong with me and the more I went into that can of worms the more twisted it got!
Guilt like I said isn't a bad thing, it means I know I have things to make up for to the people I care about. DWELLING on that guilt, is BEAST activity.