View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
MattM316
Matt M

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Matt, 8 days is super! What's a plan to keep going? Now sounds like a great time for an AA meeting, as I always say, and regardless of what program you choose...choosing one. That AV will come back, like you describe, til you change your whole outlook.

Agreeing with most of what Brenda said - one aside: someone on another thread posted about a calendar and marking days. Part of what he shared is that he would tally up days at the end of the year and if he had more sober than not, it was a victory. This is the kind of thing an AV will tell you to keep you drinking. Whether you subconsciously plan ahead in this kind of way (how I took his post, in a way) or you just kinda sorta commit to "trying" sobriety, you won't get the results of a new life without alcohol. Like we say around here, you have to want to be sober more than you want to drink. And you can make that choice.

You can do it- don't drink today. Good luck.

Well my friend comes out of detox tomorrow and she's been going to weekly meetings for a while, so I plan to start going with her and just see how it goes.
The problem I've had in the past is that I've gone a while without drinking so I end up thinking "ah I don't need any meetings", but I've done that so many times now that I've finally realized I probably do need these meetings!