View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 06:19 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
HTown
2/2016

Such a good thread. I see there are many on this site about the same issue.

I never drank hard liquor. I never went to bars. I have a very sucessful career. I never hit bottom. Money is never an issue.

I tried to control my drinking. I tried to moderate my drinking. In hindsight, I lost so much time and effort trying to moderate. I see it all as wasted energy now.

I don't want one beer, what is the point in that anyway? Not for me, I want 5 or 6 at a time. Every single night.

The shame, the guilt, the looks from my family, sick and tired of being sick and tired. I guess it is something we all have to face in our own time, but I so wish persons that read this board learn from our collective mistakes.

Maybe whomever reads this is afraid of the label "alcoholic". Fine, call yourself a problem drinker or a person who needs to only drink on weekends, or a binge drinker. Or only your wife is on your back and you need to show her you can walk away.

My point is I am so much happier now that I stopped drinking completely! I am not beating myself up every day for my lack of control or failing my moderation test. No guilt! I am my new champion and I am prouder of myself than I have ever been. Deep inside proud. And know one knows but me.