View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by Boleo View Post
Same here, but I know "Bad Karma" when I see it. Bragging about recovery is mostly bad Karma. Even I do it on occasion and make a concerted effort to reconcile for it afterwards. Those new to recovery need to know that it takes balance in all aspects of our thinking to make it over the bumps in life.

This post is a caveat to me as much as anyone.
bad karma is a good way to put it, though many in our fellowship think claiming to have recovered is bad karma too. I don't agree.

Boasting about not drinking really makes no more sense that boasting about breathing. It ought to be our normal state. Doing what we should do is nothing to be especially proud of.

Then there is the matter of how each of us managed to find our normal state. Some just decided. Others like me had no idea how to escape the insanity. I obtained my recovery by drawing on a Higher Power. That is why it was an event. Miracles are often events. But the credit is not mine.

I made a deal in step three that I would bear witness to His power if he solved my problem. He did, and I do. It is almost embarrassing when people who do not understand try and give me credit for an achievement which was not mine.