View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
stepaver14

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post

I have done exactly what your husband is doing. I have said 'please drink, it doesn't bother me'. And I believed that. But I think I was in denial.
This is what I'm afraid of - Him being in denial. Him thinking that it will be okay then the next time we get into an argument, he go straight to the bottle. Maybe it does come down to not trusting him yet. A year is a long time for normal people. But it's a very short time for an addict in the aspect of sobriety.. I know this from experience with so many relatives. It's honorable to be sober for a year and it's certainly praise worthy. But I don't know if I can fully say in the year that I have been able to fully be able to trust him yet.

He says that when he went to Chicago for a work trip and that everyone was drinking around him at social gatherings and dinner. He says that it was a true test of if was able to turn from the temptation. And he said all it did was remind why he doesn't drink anymore.

One year of sobriety for him down. A lifetime to go. And I don't want to be the reason he relapses. I know if he's going to, he's going to do it without my help. But I dont want to make anything harder on him by keeping it in the house. Maybe one day i'll be ready.