View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 12:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
stepaver14

Drinking around alcoholic husband?

My husband and I have been together for over 2 years. He is one year sober. Before this year of sobriety, he struggled with his alcoholism. It finally got to a point that he was in jeopardy of losing his family and children. When he became serious about getting sober, I made the decision to not drink around him either. So for the past year, I haven't had a drink around him. If I go out with girlfriends, I'll have a drink.

He has recently told me that I can drink around him as long as I'm not getting drunk. As much as I do miss my nightly glass of wine, I still feel uncomfortable drinking around him. He says that he appreciates me taking the plunge with him through his first year and not drinking. But he says he feels that I should be able to drink around him without it tempting him. How do others who have been in this situation feel? I feel really uncomfortable leaving alcohol in the house. I do not want to jeopardize his sobriety. I've never been in a situation like this and I'm not sure how to proceed.