View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 05:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by steve-in-kville View Post
You know folks, my circle of people I feel I can talk to (outside of SR) is getting smaller and smaller. If it wasn't for the family that I dearly love, I'd become a professional dirtbag: live in a van down by the river, backpack and run the mountains, just avoid the vast general population.

I am truly fed up with people who know more about addiction and how it works than I do. I'm in recovery and I still haven't a clue!! So you had a few beers at a party when you were a teenager? And that makes you an expert on alcoholism? Yeah, okay... tell where to kiss the ring.

I'm through with people. Extended family, church people, ministers, whoever.... let me alone. Stop telling me how I should feel. I am realizing these people caused me to relapse so many times. Granted, I realize that some may mean well, but the vast majority are "humble bragging" about how they are far superior to me.

Time to start shutting people out.

/rant

I tell ya one thing I know for a fact for me- until I stopped blaming everyone else for ME drinking i stayed drunk. NO ONE caused me to drink, but dam!! did i use them as excuses! no one but me bent my elbow.

usually when someone says something to me that buggers me up theres some truth to it. im not going to like everything everyone says just as everyone isn't going to like everything i say.

steve, you can run and hide from the vast population. then that will leave ya with the ONLY problem in your life-you.

reads to me like yer just getting some learning experiences.