View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 12:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SusieJ

Alcohol and Infidelity part 2

I want to firstly say thank you for the posts.

I am inclined to agree the alcoholism is an addition and illness however the affair which continued for two year so blatantly is a major character flaw. I am struggling now as he is In Rehab and that he now needs to make a decision. Wow when I analysis this he is just a mixed up guy. And I know if he ends with the other woman who is a heavy drinker he will cheat on her to and move on to the next and realistically will the other woman ever trust him knowing she only won him in veils of lies, deceit and betrayal, sometimes I think this kind of women are stupid and cannot see the wood from the trees, but I know that's not my problems. I feel so betrayed and sad but I have taken my self off to Spain to heal myself for a week. It is about me now and I am not going to wait for him to make his mind up .....I will make my mind up and to be honest I am long gone. I don't want to go through life wondering everytime he walks out the door is he going to drink or see another woman.

I cannot believe he is even thinking like this he seems to have compartmentalised me as his wife and has now said he loves up both. I really don't know how considering he was on major drinking binges during his time with her. Yes it is about respect and you are all right he has none for me whatsoever.

I am trying to stop making sense of this and gain an understanding as I know it will screw me up.

I know now that emotional detachment is the answer and just move on for my own sanity.

I will take the time out to heal myself this week even if it's just a tiny bit and to be honest I've been here a couple of days and my mind is clearing.

Thank you guys x

Last edited by SusieJ; 10-10-2016 at 12:36 AM. Reason: S