Old 10-09-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paul50

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
Hi Paul, Congratulations on 10 days!!

It sounds like the other issues have subsided, like the foul taste and itchy skin? I have experienced a multitude of skin irritations from alcohol and drugs over the years, the toxins have to come out of the body, and the skin is our largest organ, and plays an important role in the elimination of toxins.
I'm glad your seeing a Dr., unfortunately they don't have all of the answer's either...I have used a baking soda or Epson salt soak for skin irritations in the past with great results. Try not to worry excessively, and remember only good things will come from your new sobriety!! Hang in there
. .... Thanks Wildflower - yes the itchiness / foul taste have largely abated - I didn't realise there would be such an avalanche of psychological and physical changes when I stopped drinking. It has been quite a challenge trying to hold it all together over the last 10 days It's enough to drive someone to drink !!!!! but hopefully as you and others have reiterated that is all part of the healing process and that is a great comfort to me. It is easier to ride this rollercoasters knowing that there may be some calm waters ahead - cheers Paul

Last edited by Paul50; 10-09-2016 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Typos