View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
bobgoatse

Registered on this forum just for this thread. I don't think anybody except those suffering from it now how bad diphenhydramine withdrawal is or even that there is such a thing. These forums are a Godsend because doctors simply don't know about this addiction. I even went to a rehab clinic to see if I could get in for a week because the withdrawal was so awful. They didn't even believe anyone could be addicted to it so they sent me away. I've taken 50mg or less/night for 5 years, that's way less than the 500mg+ doses I see and I still have withdrawal.

Just to list the symptoms after 36 hrs with no benadryl so others can see if they are having withdrawal

-Vomiting
-Confusion
-Anxiety
-Depression
-Extreme Insomnia
-Loss of Appetite
-Extreme Restlessness
-Severe Hive Breakout

Unlike a lot of withdrawal taking the drug again only stops the nausea and that's about it for me. Others may have different results. There is so little information about this topic out there it's really scary. On all these message boards there are people who say they kicked diphenhydramine but they never say how long it took. If anyone here has done it I'd love to know how long it took to kick and how you did it because I'm having a rough time and I've kicked harder drugs before with greater ease than this.

Last edited by Dee74; 10-09-2016 at 04:16 PM.