View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BrendaChenowyth

It looks different from this side of it

I live across the street from a bar, and this is the time of year when I like to open all my windows and sleep with the cool air flowing in. You can see where there might be an issue. Yes, it's a smoking bar but for some reason the drunks like to loiter outside and smoke. And they talk constantly, and all at once, and loudly, and it sounds to me like braindead drivel, and I wonder if I ever sounded like that, and I know that I did... And then last night after closing time, I'm awoken by the noisy crowd leaving the bar, and someone shouting "Hey, I gotta get out of here, I can't be gettin no second DUI" and then screeching tires and shattering glass as someone plows down the do-not-enter sign at the end of my street, 15 feet from where my car is parked. All the other drunks are laughing and hollering and take off like bats out of hell and no police come and the bartenders lock up and meander home... It's not a bad area, there are lots of families with kids. I didn't hear any fights this summer, but last year there were a few, and police came... There was a time when my nights looked a lot like theirs, and now I wonder, what's the appeal? And why do places that draw that sort of character and behavior have to exist? I only went in there twice, and I ended up being removed and asked not to return both times.