View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
LadyBug66

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
Well, at least it got you thinking about something else besides suicide, at least for the moment. Your reply also demonstrates that you've got more than enough life in you to keep on going.

I was, in fact, questioning your decision and how you arrived at it. Suicide is a choice, and not one that I take lightly. Granted, the choice is usually made by a mind that is not altogether stable at that moment, but it is not something that strikes us out of the blue. You brought up a lot of powerful feelings in me, and likely for others who've survived other people's failed and successful attempts at killing themselves. When someone makes a threat, the last thing I'm going to do is sit idly by.

I may not hav had a part in saving your life, by I'm much more moved by the fact that you're still alive than any feelings you might have about my comments or my motivations for posting them.
This comment is true for me. I've had a couple of friends commit suicide and I play over and over in my head..... how could I have helped?! Did they not know how much they meant to me?! This may sound selfish but I almost got angry at them for what it did to me.... Even though they never talked about it when I hear someone is thinking about it; it upsets me and I just want to tell them I CARE and there are others that care .... please just reach out!