View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 08:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
jimmyc

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
I see your point. Idealy we borrow we pay its just that simple. We want to be good folks and play by the rules as we should.

I dont want to hate on creditors too too much but let me touch on it for a second. They make and set these rules often in there favor often knowing we are worry wart types who jsut wanna do the right thing. Often once we find our selves in positions like this they have more deals and ways to enrich themselves at the expense of our good intentions and sanity.

The difference between you and your creditor in your relation ship is your worried sick and drinking over this. your creditor doesnt care and has an army to blow up your phone and mailbox further scareing your and making you worry all the more. If you kill yourself over it your creditor simply wont care you'll just be another file they write off.

its sad but true.

Luckily we have laws that protect us in this country and have ways to handle these situations that can make life a bit easier.

if you do a settlement say its an agreement between you and the creditors on a reduced payment amt etc.. It actually can be a good thing.

I have no idea how bad your situation is ore dire it is or isnt. It very well might be wisest for your to just pay it all in full too.

But I just hate seeing people worry themselves sick over htis sort of stuff and drinking over it and pondering suicide over it. Been there done that it sucks! and its not worth it!

I played the game for years and years even got out of debt a couple times only to get myself right back into trouble you'd think i'd learn the first time? nope!

Hang in there vent here if you need.
I'd just like to say thank you to those above who have replied - I acknowledge and appreciate what you say.

I didn't know what else to do - I just decided to have a drink. I know it's bad. My whole life seems bad right now. It's not just the money, it's things I really can't explain. I just feel, for example, that I'd be better off gone because of my past/earlier life.... There just seems to be nothing here for me. It's hard to explain. I went to the doctors today - Not good. A rather "high" dose of sertraline and propranalol.... Hopefully make me at least feel better, but for the next couple weeks i'm going to feel worse - They signed me off taking this into account.

I hate the system, I hate society, I just don't fit