View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
zjw

I didnt go to AA for the first year. I was not an alcholic (in denial) and i didnt have a drinking problem. I had a lot of other problems but dirnking was not it.

My main issue with beer was when i drank it caused panic attacks. I figured as soon as i figured out why or what not i might just start drinking again. But a week or 2 into my quit I quickly realized i was in for one hell of a battle. again I had lots of problems but not once did I feel that removing booze was withdrawels or something like that I just thought life sucked and i was a mental head case and damn i needed a drink it was more or less my problem was that i coudlnt drink not that it was causing all those other issues.

What did i do instead of AA? I read books and whatever i could get my hands on. Drank herbal teas and such paced climbed the walls and just about went insane and porobably did. My wife has told me i was basicly very mentally ill at that time. I was on the razors edge of sanity. At about 6 months i decided to diet and excercise in a desperate attempt to maybe feel better. I was really angry and still wanted to drink tho.

At about 1 year in i came here and realized huh maybe i do have a dirnking problem I went to AA at that point but not liek super seriiously . I just showed up now and then.

I kept reading and working on myself etc..